Pain management tools
There are multiple tools available to assist health practitioners manage patients with a chronic or persistent pain problem.
The below links can help explain pain, provide a pathway which will decrease the chances of developing chronic pain, review the pacing approach and provide reassurance.
Given that chronic pain is such a widespread problem, there are many tools being and information being released all the time.
It is essential that Health Practitioners ensure that tools and information provided are based upon recent and the best available evidence.
We welcome any feedback relating to our current resources or links (contact email@example.com) or new suggestions based upon current evidence.
Tools for pain management
- What is pain?
- The pain toolkit
- Pathway for managing work injury
- Spinal imaging in asymptomatic patients
- The 4P approach to activity and pain
- Flag management
- Neck Disability Index
- Shoulder Pain Disability Scale
- Oswestry Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire
- The Dash Outcome Measure
- Roland-Morris Low back Pain and Disability Questionnaire
- Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score