Support and benefits
If you’re injured at work you’ll be supported to recover from your injury and return to work and life as soon as possible. If your claim is accepted you may be eligible for:
- income support if you are unable to work
- 100% of your average weekly earnings for up to 52 weeks from the first day you are incapacitated to work
- then 80% of your average weekly earnings for up to 52 weeks, or until retirement age if you are assessed as seriously injured
- financial support for reasonable and necessary medical treatment
- for up to one year after your income support ceases
- or lifetime medical treatment and care if you are assessed as seriously injured
- reasonable travel expenses to your medical treatment, rehabilitation or examination.
What is considered reasonable treatment expenses will vary depending on the nature of your injury. Speak to your claims agent for further information.
- return to work services
- like job placement and retraining, as are reasonably required
- or if requested if you are assessed as seriously injured.
- lump sum payments
- for non-economic loss, in most cases, if your injury results in a whole permanent impairment of more than 5%
- for economic loss, in most cases, if you are aged less than 70 years and your injury results in a whole person impairment of between 5% and 29%.