When an injury occurs
How we will support you
If your claim is accepted we may provide:
- income support if you are unable to work
- 100% of your average weekly earnings for up to 52 weeks from the first day you are incapacitated to work
- then 80% of your average weekly earnings for up to 52 weeks, or until retirement age if you are assessed as seriously injured.
- financial support for reasonable and necessary medical treatment
- for up to one year after your income support ceases
- or lifetime medical treatment and care if you are assessed as seriously injured.
- return to work services
- like job placement and retraining, as are reasonably required
- or if requested if you are assessed as seriously injured.
- lump sum payments
- for non-economic loss, in most cases, if your injury results in a whole permanent impairment of more than 5%
- for economic loss, in most cases, if you are aged less than 70 years and your injury results in a whole person impairment of between 5% and 29%.
Personalised case management
If you are likely to be away from work for more than two weeks, a mobile claims manager will meet with you and your employer as soon as possible. They will provide early assistance to support you:
- back to your pre-injury position
- to a new role with your current employer if you are unable to return to your pre-injury position, or
- to gain new employment, or prepare for work or job placement services if you are unable to return to your pre-injury position or return to the same workplace.
If you are injured at work you have obligations to meet to achieve the best recovery and return to work outcomes. Your employer also has obligations to support you in your recovery and return to work.