ReCONNECT: available at any stage during your claim
What is ReCONNECT?
ReCONNECT is a free service that helps injured workers navigate relevant supports available. ReCONNECT Advisors can meet with clients face to face, via phone or email.
Who can refer to ReCONNECT?
Claims agents and service providers, including general practitioners, legal representatives, psychologists, physiotherapists and other return to work service providers can refer people to ReCONNECT. People can also self-refer.
Who is eligible for ReCONNECT?
ReCONNECT is available at any stage during a work injury and also available to impacted family members
The ReCONNECT service is most useful when:
- income support is ending
- a claim has been rejected
- if disputing a claim decision
- before a claim is accepted or after all entitlements have stopped
- if approaching retirement age
- for employees of self-insured employers.
What support does ReCONNECT provide?
Our ReCONNECT Advisors can assist people to navigate appropriate community services including:
- financial counselling
- housing support services
- mental health services
- health services in the community
- family, legal and community services
- volunteer and job seeking supports
- age, gender and cultural services
- My Aged Care and NDIS
- regional services in South Australia.