ReCONNECT: help after income support ends
ReCONNECT is a free service for workers whose income support is ending. ReCONNECT helps workers link with relevant services that can support their transition to life beyond a work injury claim.
ReCONNECT Advisors can meet with clients face to face in local community facilities, via phone or email.
Claims agents and service providers, including general practitioners, legal representatives, psychologists, physiotherapists and other rehabilitation service providers can refer people to ReCONNECT. People can also self-refer.
Who is eligible for ReCONNECT?
The ReCONNECT service is available to workers:
- whose income support is ending
- who are disputing a claim decision
- who have reached retirement age
- who are still receiving return to work services
- who are working for self-insured employers.
ReCONNECT is also available to affected family members.
What support does ReCONNECT provide?
Our ReCONNECT Advisors can link people with appropriate community services including:
- financial counselling
- accommodation support services
- mental health services
- health services in the community
- family, legal and community services
- career guidance and job search support
- age, gender and cultural services
- training, skills development, volunteering
- regional services in SA.
The ReCONNECT service may vary depending on individual circumstances. It can include quick advice and information that directs people to relevant services, through to ongoing and longer-term support and assistance. The ReCONNECT service can be provided for up to 12 months.
ReCONNECT podcast series
Listen to our podcasts which outline the different aspects of ReCONNECT and the relevant services that can support people transition to life beyond a work injury claim.