ReCONNECT is a free service that helps people transition to community based and job search support services after their income support has ceased, and can be provided for up to 12 months.
Our highly skilled Advisors assist people via telephone, email and face to face contact to support their transition to life beyond their work injury claim.
ReCONNECT supports people’s own decision-making and helps them to help themselves.
Claims managers and service providers, including doctors, physiotherapists and job service providers can refer people to ReCONNECT. People can also self-refer.
Who is eligible for ReCONNECT?
The ReCONNECT service is available for people whose income support has ceased, including those who:
- are disputing the cessation of their income support
- are still receiving return to work services
- are entitled to medical expenses
- are employed by self-insured employers
- have reached retirement age.
The ReCONNECT service also extends to affected family members.
What support does ReCONNECT provide?
Our ReCONNECT Advisors can help people link with appropriate community services, such as:
- financial counselling
- accommodation support
- social and community support
- mental health support services
- Centrelink benefits and concessions
- services and benefits for seniors
- career counselling and job search support
- resume development
- assistance with job applications
- interview preparation
- training/reskilling opportunities.
* ReCONNECT is not designed for people who have accepted a redemption payment.