Apply for review of a decision
At ReturnToWorkSA, we aim to minimise applications for a review of decisions, so the focus remains on what’s important; recovering from an injury and returning to work.
Our personalised service approach encourages open communication and early identification of issues so they can be addressed before they get too big. However, if you are not happy with a decision relating to your claim or insurance premium, you have the right to apply for a formal review.
Please note that the Workers Compensation Tribunal will finalise all notices of dispute that started on or before 30 June 2015. If you wish to seek a review of a decision after 1 July 2015, you will need to make an application to the South Australian Employment Tribunal.
Work injury claim decisions
If you are dissatisfied with a decision made about your claim, we encourage you to talk to your case manager in the first instance.
If you wish to apply for a formal review, you can do so through the South Australian Employment Tribunal The following work injury claim decisions are reviewable:
- a decision regarding serious injury claim
- a decision about the nature or scope of recovery/return to work services provided, or to be provided for a worker
- a decision regarding an assessment of a worker’s permanent impairment
- a decision relating to a work injury claim, for example:
- acceptance of a claim
- average weekly earnings
- the provision of services or incurred costs
- to approve, or not approve, the costs of surgery
- to discontinue or suspend weekly payments.
For more information on reviewable decisions by the South Australian Employment Tribunal, please visit www.saet.sa.gov.au.
Insurance premium decisions
If you consider that a decision made by us in relation your premium is unreasonable, you have the right to apply for a review of that decision. Before applying for a review, please call us on 13 18 55 to discuss.
If you still wish to apply for a formal review, you will need to complete and submit the Section 157 – Application for review (Employer) form (PDF, 150 KB). If the decision relates to an individual employer you must submit your application within two months of being notified of the decision. For decisions relating to a class of employers, you must submit your application within four months of being notified of a decision.
Decisions that can be reviewed include:
- your classification to a particular class of industry (SAIC)
- the assessing (or fixing) of a premium
- the imposition of a penalty interest or fine
- an estimate of remuneration used for your premium calculation.
For more information on reviewable decisions, please refer to the Return to Work Act 2014.