Impairment assessor news and resources
The following resources are designed to assist Accredited Whole Person Impairment Assessors to deliver services consistent with the Impairment Assessment Guidelines, the Accreditation scheme and the Return to Work Act 2014.
Impairment Assessment Guidelines
- Whole person impairment physical assessment report template (DOCX, 75 KB)
- Whole person impairment psychiatric assessment report template
(DOCX, 74 KB)
Impairment Insider news
- Issue 8 - June 2021 (PDF, 327 KB)
- Issue 7 - February 2020 (PDF, 579 KB)
- Issue 6 - November 2018 (PDF, 376 KB)
- Issue 5 - April 2018 (PDF, 855 KB)
- Issue 4 - October 2017 (PDF, 429 KB)
- Issue 3 - March 2017 (PDF, 558 KB)
- Issue 2 - November 2016 (PDF, 833 KB)
- Issue 1 - January 2016
- COVID-19 Notice for Impairment Assessors
- Effect of the Martin decision on injuries and subsequent surgeries
- Further impairment using the WorkCover Guidelines
- Assessment of injuries which occurred before 1 July 2015
- Reminder: Do not advise outcome of the assessment
Impairment assessor accreditation and performance monitoring
ReturnToWorkSA will monitor the performance of accredited assessors in accordance with the Impairment Assessor Performance Monitoring Framework.
Assessor discussion forum
ReturnToWorkSA holds Impairment Assessor Forums, to provide information around the completion of assessments and for accredited impairment assessors to share their issues and ideas so that we can work together to ensure the provision of consistent, compliant and equitable assessments for everyone in the scheme. For information on the next forum please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about impairment assessments is detailed in section 22 of the Return to Work Act 2014.
The Impairment Assessment team is available to help you with any questions or issues you may have relating to impairment assessment by emailing email@example.com.