Payment and invoicing
We pay providers that deliver services to workers injured at work by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to a nominated bank account. A detailed EFT remittance advice is sent via post, however if you are using our online services to submit invoices, remittances will be available in the payment history search.
- To provide us with your EFT bank account details, please complete and submit the EFT form (PDF, 135 KB).
- Please complete and submit the Service provider registration form (PDF, 116 KB):
- if your business details have changed (e.g. ABN, practice name etc)
- if requested by ReturnToWorkSA or its agents.
Invoice preparation standards
All invoices are to be submitted to the claims agent within four weeks of service. Invoices should contain the following information to enable prompt and efficient payment:
- provider details
- Medicare provider number (if applicable) and/or ReturnToWorkSA provider number (if known)
- practice and address details
- invoice number and invoice date
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- bank account details for electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- worker’s surname and given name(s)
- claim number (where known)
- brief description of the injury to which the services relate
- employer name (where known)
- each service itemised separately in accordance with the relevant fee schedule including:
- date of service and commencement time
- service item number and service description
- duration of service in hours/minutes rounded to the nearest 6 minutes for hourly rate services
- charge for the service
- total charge for invoiced items plus any GST that may be applicable.
Submitting an invoice
For more information on where to send your invoice, preferred formats and terms of payment, see submitting an invoice.
All amounts listed in the relevant fee schedules are exclusive of GST.
Suppliers must provide ReturnToWorkSA with a tax invoice.
Payment will only be made when an original invoice or duplicate/copy is provided.
Claims agents are unable to pay invoices for services provided until a claim is determined, unless the service was ordered by ReturnToWorkSA or its claims agents or the self-insured employer.
Payment for services, including reports, will not be made in advance.
Invoices that do not meet these standards may be returned to the provider for amendment.