Healthcare and treatment

If you are injured at work, your doctor may refer you to one of the following services for treatment, advice and support to manage your injury independently and return to work and life as soon as possible:

  • Medical specialist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Psychologist
  • Counsellor
  • Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
  • Occupational therapist
  • Speech pathologist
  • Osteopath
  • Chiropractor
  • Exercise physiologist.

During an initial consultation, the treating professional will assess your injury to decide what kind of treatment you require, including the frequency and duration of the treatment. They will also help you to set some treatment goals and contribute to the development of your recovery and return to work plan.

It is important to actively participate in your treatment planning to make sure that you get the best possible results. By providing feedback on how your treatment is going, you can also help your doctor and claims manager work out the most appropriate treatment plan for your specific circumstances.