Employer and worker obligations
To achieve the best recovery and return to work outcomes, we expect you to:
- notify your employer of your work injury as soon as possible (within 24 hours if you can)
- make a claim as soon as possible
- actively participate in activities designed to support your recovery and return to work
- participate and cooperate in developing a recovery and return to work plan
- work towards defined goals in your return to work plan
- provide current medical certificates that address your capacity for work and other relevant information
- return to suitable employment when able to do so.
Your employer's obligations
We expect your employer to support your recovery and return to work by:
- calling your claims agent as soon as possible to report your work injury. The claims agent will advise if a mobile claims manager will be assigned
- participating and cooperating in the development of your recovery and return to work plan
- supporting your employee in their recovery and return to work
- providing suitable duties that your employee can perform safely as they recover from their injury
- providing suitable employment if your employee cannot return to their pre-injury role.