ReturnToWorkSA have an extensive range of pre-recorded webinars. These webinars cover various topics and are a great tool for Return to Work Coordinators and employers who want to effectively manage recovery, return to work and support wellbeing within the workplace.
Self-care for Return to Work Coordinators
As a Return to Work Coordinator, we understand your priority is supporting your injured workers and employer to manage the injury and return to work process, but how do you care for you? Presented by Psychologist Pat Hosking, this webinar is aimed at Return to Work Coordinators, but also a valuable workplace resource, with a focus on:
- identifying and managing stress
- improved wellbeing using RAW 7 sustain method
- tools and resources for self-care planning.
Managing musculoskeletal injuries
Introduction to Managing Musculoskeletal Injuries is part 1 of a 4 part series helping to demystify and provide practical tools to manage return to work after MSK injury. Presented by Cassandra Zaina (ReturnToWorkSA Physiotherapy Advisor). This webinar series is aimed at Return to Work Coordinators, and focuses on:
- demystifying musculoskeletal injury and terminology
- barriers to successful recovery following injury
- general tools for return to work.
Parts 2 to 4 focus on anatomy, recovery timeframes, and return to work considerations for:
Doctor Doctor - gimme the news!
Communicating with Doctors about Workplace Injury - Presented by Dr Chris Bollen (ReturnToWorkSA Medical Advisor) and Elaine Solomon (ReturnToWorkSA Employer Education Advisor). This webinar is aimed at Return To Work Coordinators, and focuses on:
- understanding the role of the GP in managing work injury and return to work
- exploring the issues that the GP might face managing return to work, including reluctance to certify capacity
- understanding how a Return To Work Coordinator can influence a GPs engagement in the return to work process.
Medications for pain management in the workplace
Presented by Dr Jacinta Johnson (Senior Pharmacist, Medication Safety, SA Pharmacy). This webinar is aimed at Return To Work Coordinators, and focuses on:
- examining pain management and the role medication can play
- unpacking the different types of medications used to manage pain
- different medication effects
- workplace considerations
- what you can do if you perceive any issues.
Mentally healthy workplaces
Presented by Mardi Webber (ReturnToWorkSA Mentally Healthy Workplaces Consultant). This webinar is aimed at Return To Work Coordinators, and focuses on:
- understanding why it's important to focus on mental health in the workplace
- critical success factors and making your workplace thrive
- free tools and resources that are available to support you in your role
- how to take action.
A head start - Maximising the Heads Up resource
This webinar is aimed at those workplaces that are looking for resources in the area of mentally healthy workplaces but are unsure where to start or how to build on their existing programs. Mardi Webber, Mentally Healthy Workplaces Consultant ReturnToWorkSA, is joined by Catherine Doherty from Beyond Blue who helps us to take a deeper dive into Heads Up website. This website, developed by Beyond Blue and supported by the Mentally Healthy Workplaces Alliance, provides a wide range of resources, tools and guidance information to any workplace, in any industry, to help create healthy workplaces.
Getting the most out of Return to Work Matters
Presented by Mary Wyatt (Return To Work Matters, in collaboration with ReturnToWorkSA). This webinar is aimed at South Australian Return To Work Coordinators, and focuses on how coordinators can navigate, utilise and get the most out of the templates and resources provided on the Return To Work Matters website.