Our regulatory role
ReturnToWorkSA is responsible for regulating the Return to Work scheme to make sure:
- workers and employers receive appropriate, timely and effective services in the event a worker suffers a work injury
- all parties subject to the Return to Work Act 2014 (the Act) meet their rights and obligations.
These rights and obligations are outlined in the Act and supporting regulations. Please refer to Part 2, Division 3 of the Act for more information.
Our Compliance and Enforcement program covers a range of regulatory requirements under the scheme and is designed to protect the integrity and fairness of the scheme. Those with obligations under the legislation can anticipate that ReturnToWorkSA will be undertaking workplace activities and applying sanctions where provided for and appropriate, to ensure those obligations are met. This includes:
- worksite inspections and audits by Regulatory Officers
- industry-specific education programs
- self-insured evaluations
- additional payments fines and/or interest penalties and fines
If you are a Self-Insured organisation and require to make application for s183 authority to assist you please use Self-insured claim investigation application form (Section 183).
Employers have responsibility with respect to the retention, employment and re-employment of workers with an injury. If you believe your employer is not complying with their obligations please return the completed Request to investigate employer compliance form (Section 15(2)).