Our regulatory role
ReturnToWorkSA is responsible for regulating the Return to Work scheme to make sure that:
- workers and employers receive appropriate, timely and effective services in the event a worker suffers a work injury
- employers pay their fair share of premium
- all parties subject to the Return to Work Act 2014 (the Act) meet their rights and obligations.
Our regulatory program is designed to protect the integrity and fairness of the Scheme. Those with obligations under the legislation can anticipate that ReturnToWorkSA will be undertaking workplace activities and applying sanctions where provided for and appropriate, to ensure those obligations are met. This includes:
- worksite inspections and audits by Regulatory Officers
- industry-specific education programs
- self-insured evaluations
- supplementary payments, fines and/or interest penalties
Employers have responsibility with respect to the retention, employment and re-employment of workers with an injury. If you, as a worker, believe your employer is not complying with their obligations please return the completed Request to investigate employer compliance form (PDF, 124 KB) (Section 15(2)).
If you are a self-insured employer and need to make an application for s183 authority to assist you in determining a claim or with other matters under the Act, please complete the Self-insured claim investigation application form (PDF, 148 KB) (Section 183).