Mental health coaching for small business owners
(15 February 2021) Small business owners (sole traders or those with 20 or less employees) will have access to free, evidence-based mental health coaching services under a Beyond Blue initiative backed by the Federal Government.
Under the NewAccess for Small Business Owners program, coaches with a small business background will be trained to deliver mental health support, free of charge, to small business owners around Australia via telehealth.
Two thirds of small business owners say the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic have negatively affected their mental health. New Access for Small Business Owners has been developed to support you to get through tough times.
What is NewAccess for Small Business Owners?
- A free and confidential mental health coaching program, developed by Beyond Blue.
- Designed to support small business owners manage life stress so they can move forward.
- The structured 6 session program will give you practical tools.
- You'll work with a coach who has experience running their own small business. They will guide you through a tailored, personal program.
- No doctor’s referral or mental health treatment plan required - so you don't have to visit a doctor first.
- It’s available via phone, video call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
NewAccess for Small Business Owners will be available nationally from mid March 2021. For further information about this service and how to register your interest go to the Beyond Blue website.