Return to Work Coordinator certificate training
Businesses who employ more than 30 workers for three or more months are required to appoint a certified return to work coordinator who has completed a training course approved by ReturnToWorkSA. This training provides participants with an understanding of the role, functions and responsibilities of a return to work coordinator. Participants will be provided with tools and resources to assist with:
- preparing the workplace
- what to do when a worker is injured
- effective communication
- identifying return to work barriers and facilitators.
A certificate is obtained upon successfully completing training. There is no requirement for certified return to work coordinators who have previously completed an approved course to undertake ‘refresher’ training.
ReturnToWorkSA has approved the following providers to deliver this course:
Corporate Health Group (CHG)
69 Henley Beach Road, Mile End SA 5031
For further information please phone (08) 8352 9888 or email email@example.com
Innovative Training & Recruitment (through Konekt Ltd)
490 Regency Road, Enfield SA 5085
For further information please phone (08) 8214 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAMAC Solutions (regional provider)
1A Hedley Street
Click here to enquire about scheduled training sessions and opportunities to register.
For further information please phone (08) 8724 8577 or email email@example.com
For further information please phone (08) 7210 3815 or contact TAFE SA
Skill building sessions
These voluntary sessions are designed to equip return to work coordinators with the skills and knowledge needed to maximise their role in the return to work process, and minimise the impact and cost of a work injury.
2018 Workshops include:
- "Back to Basics" Skills Workshop (refresher course)
- Demystifying Musculoskeletal Injury
- Understanding Chronic Pain
- Courageous Conversations
You can find out more information about our workshops, and register for sessions by visiting our events page.
ReturnToWorkSA also run a number of Webinar events for return to work coordinators. Recordings of our previous webinars are provided below when they are available:
- "Doctor Doctor - Gimme the news!" - Communicating with Doctors about Workplace Injury
- "Medications for Pain Management in the Workplace" - Presented by Dr Jacinta Johnson (Senior Pharmacist, Medication Safety, SA Pharmacy). This webinar is aimed at Return To Work Coordinators and focuses on:
- examining pain management and the role medication can play
- unpacking the different types of medications used to manage pain
- different medication effects
- workplace considerations
- what you can do if you perceive any issues.