Employer and worker obligations
To achieve the best recovery and return to work outcomes, we expect you to:
- notify your employer of your work injury as soon as possible (within 24 hours if you can)
- make a claim as soon as possible. The easiest way to do this is to call 13 18 55 Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm. Your claims agent will advise you and your employer if a claim form needs to be completed.
- actively participate in activities designed to support your recovery and return to work
- participate and cooperate in developing a return to work plan
- comply with any obligations set out in your return to work plan
- provide current medical certificates that address your capacity for work and other relevant information
- return to suitable employment when able to do so.
Your employer's obligations
We expect your employer to support your recovery and return to work by:
- calling your claims agent as soon as possible to report your work injury. The claims agent will advise if a mobile case manager will be assigned and if a claim form needs to be completed.
- participating and cooperating in the development of your return to work plan
- complying with any obligations set out in your return to work plan
- providing suitable duties that you can perform safely as you recover from your injury
- providing suitable employment when you are fit to return to work if you cannot return to your pre-injury work.