Second Opinion Medicine Services
What are Second Opinion Medicine Services?
Second Opinion Medicine Services are a clinical support tool that provides treating GPs and their patients with quick access to a second opinion from leading South Australian medical specialists on:
- treatment planning
- approaches for supporting recovery and improving a patient’s functional abilities.
Second Opinion Medicines Services include:
- a consultation between the referred worker and appropriate medical specialist
- initial telephone feedback to the worker’s treating GP after the consultation
- a short 1-2 page, clinically focussed, written consultation summary containing advice and recommendations for improving patient recovery and functioning.
Who can access Second Opinion Medicine Services?
GPs treating patients with a work injury claim.
Which specialists are included in the Second Opinion Medicine Service?
You can get a second opinion from the following medical specialists:
- physicians (occupational, pain, general)
When can I use a Second Opinion Medicine Service?
A second opinion may be sought:
- when a patient’s recovery has stalled
- when non-injury factors are impacting upon a patient's recovery and return to work
- at any time during the life of a claim.
A Second Opinion Medicine Service will not provide a medico-legal opinion or advice about claim liability.
Where can I get a second opinion?
|Second opinion medicine service providers|
Corporate Health Group
T: 8354 9800
F: 8354 9844
General Practitioner's Specialist Service
T: 1800 477 246
F: 1800 477 245
(Formerly Hindmarsh Specialist Centre)
T: 7100 6100
F: 7100 6200
Next Generation Specialist Service
T: 7913 7613
F: 8333 1129
|The International Spine Centre|
T: (08) 8223 4055
F: (08) 8223 3766
|Dr. Danh Tran|
T: (08) 8267 5288
F: (08) 8267 3010
|Dr. Andrew Harvey|
T: (08) 8232 6333
|Dr. James Economos|
T: (08) 8362 8200
F: (08) 8362 5300
|Sonic HealthPlus Adelaide|
T: (08) 8139 5000
F: (08) 8139 5055