Tools and resources for a mentally healthy workplace
There are a range of tools and resources available for small, medium and large businesses to assist you in creating a mentally healthy workplace.
Creating an action plan
A first step is identifying priority areas of focus for your business and then developing an action plan for your business. Heads Up provides a free and simple action plan tool to help you develop a tailored strategy. This can be developed in less than two minutes, but you may wish to engage your staff as part of the process.
Based on your workplace needs, you'll get a range of recommended actions that you can then tailor to suit your needs, including adding responsibilities and timeframes for completion.
Useful tools and resources
Heads Up provides a range of free tools for businesses to get started in their mentally healthy workplace journey.
- A starter pack provides communication tools and templates to show your mental health commitment within the workplace.
- Information on how to have a conversation with someone you are concerned about.
- Tips for managing stress at work and to tackle workplace bullying.
- Supporting someone with a mental health condition to stay at or return to work by developing a plan.
- Online training developed by beyondblue to increase understanding of mental health in the workplace and provide practical strategies to support you.
- Specific resources for small business owners to create a mentally healthy workplace as well as looking after yourself.
Workplace stress is recognised as a major challenge for business and leaders and the impact it has on staff health, safety and wellbeing is significant.
Business SA has developed a practical guide, factsheets and supporting documents for leaders of staff within small to medium business which provide information about recognising, preventing and managing risk factors related to stress in the workplace.
How we can help
Our specialised mentally healthy workplaces consultant can help you to identify and reduce risk factors to mental health in your workplace and work with you to provide practical support, advice and resources. Contact us on 13 18 55 or by emailing email@example.com.
Services available for businesses and individuals
Learn more about anxiety and depression, or you or your employee can talk any issues through with their free support service. Phone 1300 22 4636 or visit their website to email or chat online.
Heads Up supports Australian businesses to create more mentally healthy workplaces. Access a wide range of resources, information and advice for all employees and create a tailored action plan for your business.
Heads Up has a dynamic social media news feed at the bottom of their home page to help readers keep up to date on workplace mental health news.
Suicide and crisis support
If you or an employee is in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harming yourself or others, please contact emergency services on 000.
To talk to someone now call these 24 hour support services: