Self-insured data collection review
We have commenced a project to modernise and streamline self-insured Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
Our goal is to reduce the effort and overhead for self-insured employers and ReturnToWorkSA associated with providing work injury claims data.
The review will focus on:
- frequency of self-insured submissions
- the data set we collect
- why we collect data
- opportunities to automate and improve the validation and processing of data.
This page provides self-insured employers and software vendors with access to information and resources relating to the EDI project. We are committed to working collaboratively throughout this project and will ensure that:
- we test our assumptions and proposed solutions with you
- benefits are shared
- any implementation effort is outweighed by ongoing benefits.
Our aim is for self-insured employers to be transmitting data under the Self-Insured EDI Technical Specification V14 by 30 April 2018.
Key project milestones are:
- 1 November 2017 - release of draft EDI Technical Specification V14.
- 20 November 2017 - EDI Technical Specification V14 information sessions completed.
- 30 November 2017 - Final EDI Technical Specification V14 released.
- 30 January 2017 - Testing commences.
- 30 April 2018 - Self-insured employer compliance to EDI Technical Specification V14.
- May 2018 - Monthly transmissions by self-insured employers.
A testing environment will be available from 30 January 2018. Self-insured employers will be able to submit EDI Technical Specification V14 test files from that date.
Prior to sending a test transmission, a self-insured employer must:
- stop all data transmissions under Technical Specification V12
- notify us at least one full day prior to submission of a test file into our production support environment.
To notify us of a test transmission email email@example.com or phone Kit Mitchell, Insurer Performance Analyst, on (08) 8233 2467.
These resources have been provided to assist self-insured employers and software vendors with transitioning to the requirements of EDI Technical Specification V14.
- EDI Information session presentation November 2017
- EDI attribute definition summary of changes
- EDI validations and error messages
- EDI Technical Specification V14 - draft
- EDI Technical Specification Final - with track changes from draft
- EDI Technical Specification V14
- EDI Information session - frequently asked questions
For further information on the EDI project, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Rob Byrne, Technical Lead Insurer Performance on (08) 8238 5970.