Following a work injury it is not always possible for you to resume your pre-injury position or return to the same workplace.
Returning to work can be the best thing for your recovery, health and wellbeing. Our ReSkilling services can support you to maintain your existing skills or develop new skills to improve your employability.
The ReSkilling program is made up of a range of key services.
Skill maintenance services are available to support you during your recovery to safely maintain your existing skills and work habits. Activities you could participate in under skill maintenance are:
- refining and keeping your existing skills up to date
- learning new skills and gaining new experience
- maintaining an active lifestyle
- working alongside other professionals in your industry.
In the event you cannot go back to your employer and do your existing job you may need your existing skills and experience recognised. This may help to improve your employability or help you to consider options for a different career.
Activities under skill assessment include:
- formal recognition of your existing skills
- utilising the knowledge of industry professionals to map your existing skills to suitable job roles and industries.
Outplacement suppliers can help to match your transferable skills to suitable employment opportunities in the event you need to consider a new job role. An example of outplacement services include:
- job search assistance provided from people with industry links and knowledge
- access to the hidden job market by working with people who have access to unadvertised vacancies
- working with people who have industry and labour market knowledge.